Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What to do when parent's rule's are way to strict above average?

My parent's want to know every little detail about my personal life. And I'm not even allowed on the internet without being checked by my parent's. Like they want to get into my freakin life and won't leave me alone. I don't want my parent's to be in my personal life for the rest of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What can I do about this?!! I get so depressed because of them and there life no your just making it that way. And I'm like WTF?

Downloads
    Uploads
    i know excatly how you feel im in the same boat. what helps me is counting the days until im 18 and can move out. 9 months to go. NAd what also helps me is i find any reason to get out of the house, school tutoring, anything with my church, working out at the gym, walking my dog, staying with friends.

Downloads
    Uploads
    REBEL!

You need to just stop telling them so many details. Tell them that its personal or lie about the details. Get into their personal life, like asking when they lost there virginity and detailes about everything they say. They will start to get annoyed and you can use this in your agurment about it. "If you wont tell me about ur virginity, then how can you expect me to tell you about mine?"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your parents are worried about you and they're scared you might get into some kind of trouble (as a lot of kids do). Have you tried talking to them like an adult (without getting emotional)? Try and reason with them and tell them that you feel smothered, and like your privacy is being violated. Have you given them any reason not to trust you? If not point that out. I don't think you have to worry about the "rest of your life" being like this, your folks will always have a personal investment in you but once you're an adult it won't seem so bad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How old are you? Honestly, when I have kids I intend to raise them the same way your parents are likely raising you. There is too much temptation for teenagers to make bad decisions with unrestricted use of internet/cell phones etc. I was a teenager only 7 years ago so I remember...I made plenty of mistakes which I wish my parents had stopped me from making.

You'll have plenty of time to make your own decisions in a few years, and in the meantime, your parents just want to make sure you make the best decisions while you're still young. You may think you are capable of doing this now, but your values and judgment will change significantly in the next 10 years and you will grow up more than you now realize. Your parents were your age once and know what it's like, so believe that they are making these decisions for good reason. Please just trust that your parents are doing what is best for you, and enjoy your youth for the worry-free time that it is, rather than stressing about your parents' watchful eye. You'll be thankful you did down the road.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well my mom is kinda like that. she never leaves me alone and she is always up in my business. I think you should confront them about it, try just telling them in a kind way. it may reach them. please vote me best, i need points.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well my mom is kinda like that. she never leaves me alone and she is always up in my business. I think you should confront them about it, try just telling them in a kind way. it may reach them. please vote me best, i need points.