How can I copy a dvd to another dvd through my computer?

carsrockevin607

Feb 7, 2009
My father made home movies when I was a kid. He recently got one copied onto a dvd. My sister wants a copy of it, and since my father doesn't have a computer, he wanted me to make a copy for her. I can't seem to figure out how to do it. I saved the contents of the DVD to my hard drive, and it has a folder with 7 files in it. The dvd doesn't have any sound files. On my computer the programs I have that I thought could be used are Windows Media Player(not sure what version) and iTunes version 8 (or 8.0.2.20). Can I use either of those to copy the dvd? Or do I have to buy a special program or something to copy the dvd?

If you simply copy the DVD contents from one DVD to another it will not play on a home DVD player.
The DVD "lead in" track must be burned in "DVD format".

To do this I suggest you download Nero 7 (not as resource hungry as Nero 8 or 9).
It's a trial version but will work fine for 30 days:
http://www.soft32.com/download/63-205128-1/Nero-7.10.1.0_eng_trial.exe

regards,
Philip T

put the dvd with the movie on it in...copy and paste all those files into a folder onto your desktop

put a blank dvd in...copy and paste the files from your desktop to the dvd

If you don't have 2 dvd drives, then copy it to the C: drive. Then copy it from the C: drive to a new dvd disk.

If you don't have 2 dvd drives, then copy it to the C: drive. Then copy it from the C: drive to a new dvd disk.

Back