How big do I want a hard drive to be when I am buying a new laptop?

Jazzy

May 20, 2008
Also, how much RAM and how big should the processor be? I Plead ignorant with this stuff, and my current laptop as next to no memory :(( Don't want to make the same mistake again!

you want it to be small enough to fit on your lap.. otherwise it's kinda pointless.. and as for ram... i'd go with oxen they are far stronger and will do much better carrying around your laptop... horses are probably better looking tho... i'd go with that

At least 1GB for your RAM
At least 160GB for your hard-drive
At least 1.8 GHZ for your processor

Anything less would amount to an obsolete laptop or one that's quickly on the road to being obsolete. Anything above those amounts should give you a decent life-span without having to upgrade.

as much ram as you can afford 140-180 gb hard drive would be good, same with the proccesor whatever you can offord

at this stage u can go for a lappy that has 4 gig of RAM and the hard drive space does not matter much coz u can add more of an external thing.....tho about 250 GB shud be fine...

I have a 1.5TB HDD which is 1500gbs i would say at least 2gbs of ram is ok and a 250gb hdd would be a good size. I don't know what you mean by how big the processor should be but i would get a dual core laptop which means it has two processors.

Back