Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Christians: Relationship advice?

So... here we go.

I am the leader of a Bible Study at my local high school, and I've spoken to my girls many times about saving themselves for marriage and waiting for the right guy, God's guy, to come along.

However, for these last few months I've become closer and closer friends with one of the guys in the club. He's a Christian, incredibly smart, friendly, fun-loving, musically talented and cute in an awkward way. He's also single, despite having gone with a non-christian friend of ours to Junior Prom.

Another problem is that he's such a brainiac that even though he hasn't made up his mind what he wants to do with his life, there is no way he could be anything but a doctor or lawyer or professor or something. And since I'm seriously, seriously considering going into full-time ministry, our lives don't appear to be going in the same directions.

So basically, I don't want to be a hypocrite and I don't want to waste my time, but I really do like him and want to get to know him better. I don't even know how I should interact with him for the mean time, and it's getting really awkward.

Any advice?
    Eurgh... I really don't have anyone like that, or even an accountability partner. I know that's a bad thing, but I've been moving around places my entire life and I don't think I can really ask anyone to take that kind of role in my life, or know them well enough to do that...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Read: Passion and Purity by Elisabeth Elliot.
    I'm working on it right now, I'm in college and I've heard nothing but amazing things about it.
    The whole point of dating is marriage. I know you like him and at the same time you want to be a good example. Pray about it and ask the woman that leads you about it, I'm sure she'll love to help you and has been in this situation before.