Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Transmission fluid can be changed. It isn't needed changed often unless the transmission is damaged. It isn't as easy a job as changing engine oil. Usually the trasnision pan has to be removed to get at the transmission filter, which is inside. Look in Chiltons Auto Repair manual to see if you want to go though all that- or if you can do it. Also, transmission fluid is specific to particular vehicles and if you put in the wrong fluid, it will damage the tranny by destroying the seals, and transmision multi-plate clutches.

If there isn't a problem, don't create one. I doubt your jeep needs a tranny fluid change this soon. Let the service dept look at it if it's acting up.

Downloads
    Uploads

Changing Transmission fluid in a Jeep Liberty?

Is Transmission fluid something that should be CHANGED OUT or can it be added to? Like buying a funnel and pouring a quart of new fluid in?

I want to make sure my fluids are good, but I need to get some transmission fluid, but I don't want to mess anything up.

I have a 2004 Jeep liberty, and if it needs to be changed, is it hard to do? And if i take it to a shop, how much do you think it will cost just for them to do this?

I live in Pensacola, FL.