Why all the hate? Why can't we unite and help each other out instead of...

michelle

May 14, 2008
...whining and arguing? I'm a conservative republican and proud of it, though I don't have a problem with democrats in the least because many of them have great ideas as well.

It saddens me that democrats and republicans take shots at each other all of the time without ever realizing how pointless it is to argue about such petty things.

Insulting and stereotyping political parties is getting us nowhere.

Why can't everyone be mature about politics and actually TRY to help each other out instead of making lame, juvenile jokes on Y!A about political orientations?

Who agrees?

They are two parties with mostly completely different ideas. What you are suggesting is that everyone come together under one party or no party at all. I don't think that can happen on a lot of issues.

sure why dont we all turn in to robots too and get makeover and dress like obama. .......................why dnt u get some back bone

Maybe because Obama in his speech last night blamed republicans AGAIN for everything. You do realize that here in America the PEOPLE of the U.S. elect these people to represent them. So every time Obama opens his mouth, blaming those representatives, he is blaming a large part of the United States Citizens for the economy.

This is called Bad Leadership. Obama is supposed to represent us all. Congress works the way it does because of the Representatives voted in by the people. If there is a divide, he is supposed to compromise, not blame one side. Congress is doing their job. He is trying to start drama to tip the balance of power. This is not a president's job.

It's un-American to roll over for a government when that government becomes tyrannical.

I agree that it's counterproductive to just insult each other here; it distracts us from changing anything; the people have forgotten or given up their own power. As far as private citizens of good will who are concerned about keeping goverment the servant instead of the master (assuming it's not too late) - well, this clearly isn't the place for that. I believe it's technically "chat" in the eyes of YA.

If there were such a place online, I wish I knew where it was.

Back