Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mobile Guardian tracker on my car, charging to switch from analog to digital?

When I bought my car 3 1/2 yrs ago I added the Mobile Guardian vehicle recovery system (sorta like Onstar). After several battery issues, I found out that it's a huge drain on my car battery. Plus, they're switching from analog to digital, so without an upgrade the service will no longer work. They told me that the upgraded unit is free, but they charge 0 to "remove the old unit, install the new one, and set me up with a new user ID and password". Other than the ridiculousness of charging 0 for an ID and password, should I be forced to pay to keep a service that I already paid for? I've searched online but couldn't find anything about this. Opinions are nice, but what I'm really looking for is someone who's had this issue, or knows where I could go for reimbursement.

Unregistered
    I have a 2006 Dodge Ram. According to my paperwork from the dealership, it's only warranted for 3 years or 36K. I contacted KAAR Alarms customer service and I've had to pay $200.00 + Car Toys to install the new unit. More Government BS to endure. When all the analog TVs switched to DIGITAL, that was the end of My Mobile Guardian service.
    Let's hope this new unit works. My battery went dead within 4 days, and the unit failed to enter sleep mode therefore draining the battery. It cost me $386.00 at the Dodge Dealership to find the problem. Good luck with yours.

Coltking357

Unregistered

Is Mobile Guardian gone?

I have the MobileGuardian unit on my 2003 Mach1 and have the same issues with the battery. However, I checked today to find my account at MobileGardian and it seems to have disappeared. Anybody knows where they went or who to contact in Florida to have the unit removed?

Thanks,
    Jay F.
    Ft Lauderdale

Unregistered
    I haven't had the problem of it draining my battery yet. I bought my car new in 2006 and had it installed before my car left the lot. I bought my first new battery six months ago. I recently decided to check my account and could not find their website. I called the number I had saved on my phone and now it's registered to another company. I don't think they are around anymore.

Unregistered
    thats really messed upp - i have mobile guardian installed in my vehicle and havent logged on in a while but i bought 1000 look up points that i didnt use up. i used to enjoy going online on my phone and checking where my car was at all times - it was a cool and innovative alarm

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    thats really messed upp - i have mobile guardian installed in my vehicle and havent logged on in a while but i bought 1000 look up points that i didnt use up. i used to enjoy going online on my phone and checking where my car was at all times - it was a cool and innovative alarm
    My sister had the same problem with dead battery and the dealership found the drain was the mobile guardian. After my 3rd battery, i put the two together and found that it's because of the analog/digital switch -- so the unit is constantly trying to make a connection.

I called my install number i had saved, and they are going to replace it with the digital one -- hopefully that will keep the battery from going dead again.

Unregistered
    Does anyone have the number for Mobile Guardian ? I've Googled all over, but haven't had much luck. Thanks.

Unregistered
    god!!!!! i havent looked mine up in a while so i guess it's completely gone now??? dammmmm i hate that. i wonder how much to take it out b/c my 4Runner is ALWAYS on a trickle charger that i bought b/c the antitheft/mobileguardian sucked it dry constantly

Unregistered
    I had the same problem as everyone else with the switch to Digital from analog. I ended up in the middle of now where with dead battery because of this, good thing I always carry my jump start when I head out to AZ from CA. I tried to get Infinity involved because they are the one's that pushed this when I purchased my G35 Coupe. They just blew me off because it's not their product. When even wrote Infinity corporate offices without any luck.

After much frustration I had MG pull it out of the car (no charge), what a waste of money. I was so pissed at Infinity that sold the car be bought a new Camaro and I'm having Lojack put in this week.

Unregistered

Helmet Help

Help!!! I have an old mobile Guardian from 2005 in my car. It's also killing batteries. I'm on my fifth 3 of them being Optima's. How can I disable it? I went to the dealer and they said it;s $101.00 to disable it. I talked to MG and they said its an inline fuse if you can find the unit but I have no idea where it is. I looked tonight and couldn't find it can somebody tell me where it would be or if MG will disconnect it who I should call?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast