Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm going to buy my first car but I'm undecided on which one, so far the Honda

Accord appeals the most to me? I learned how to drive on a Honda Accord when I was 15 and now that I'm going to get my drivers license I want to save money for a car. I want to know if there are any other cars you suggest I should buy. I want a car that is not too bulky, has decent gas mileage, and doesn't break down too often. I would also like for it to be speedy. Basically I am looking for reliability.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know how much you are willing to spend but the Honda Accord sounds like a good choice. Have you considered a Toyota Corolla? It was my first car and I had it for 2 years. It had NO problems and was great for me. A Honda Civic will get you better gas mileage than the Accord and you will be able to upgrade a Civic to make it look and preform the way YOU want it too. There are SO many aftermarket parts for the Civic, that is why so many young people soup them up.
    Anything Honda or Toyota is a good choice.
    Take a look at the Toyota Celica.
    They are pretty rare to come buy because they stopped making them in 2005. They are super sporty and get good gas mileage while also having a Toyota engine that will last a lifetime.

Here are some pictures that you may find helpful!

Older Toyota Celica (1999)
    http://flickr.com/photos/crazygolucky/879890938/

Newer Toyota Celica (2002)
    http://flickr.com/photos/chamberland_f1/3207754403/

Honda Civic Ex (2002)
    http://flickr.com/photos/katjaaquino/2514766381/

Here is my Volkswagen Golf GLS. It gets good gas mileage and has a good reputation for reliability too!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kassy_chick/3258632531/

Hope that helped! Good luck!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I learnt in a Toyota Yaris which was great and then when I got my license I got a Mazda 2.
    The Mazda is awesome. Both of them are small cars but don't feel too small. I can have three of my girlfriends in the backseat of either and with no issues. And the Mazda's got a great sound system and is really easy to park.
    At the moment you can't buy the Mazda 2's in the USA but they are thinking of bringing them in sometime this year. But you do have the Mazda 3 which is just the slightly bigger model.
    And for a young person I really really recommend a hatchback rather then a sedan. I'm eternally finding new uses for it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you like the honda accord, go for it. For reliability stick with honda, toyota.

The Honda fit got a great review, go with the sport version for the sportiness