1991 toyota pickup truck...very unsteady idle?

lincolnconty

Oct 28, 2008
welll i have this truck it has the 22r-e motor in it well when the motor reaches to normal operating temp the idle goes from 1 grand to 2 grand.. constantly...very annoying what could i check to help stop this annoying ......please help........and we checked the vacumm diagram and everytihgn was ok witht that

First, go to a do-it-yourself car wash, and power wash your engine bay, especially the space between the radiator and A/C condenser. This will improve air flow and also give you a clean work space. Then, buy a can of Gum-out, and spray all around your intake manifold and throttle body with the engine running. If there is any kind of external leak, the spray will cause you idle speed to change and voila, you have figured out where to concentrate your labor. Also, with the spray, clean out the throttle body, idle air control valve, and PCV hose. Idle speed is controlled by temperature and by the computer. Also, make sure that the battery cables are perfectly clean on BOTH ends. Voltage inconsistencies will invariably cause troubles like this. Good Luck!!!

ok my first guess is that one of your spark plug wires is pinched. check the wires to see if theres and rubber missing and the slightest amount of wire isnt ocovered too. im not sure if the spark plugs would do this. if its been a while since you changed them that might help. also it might that your pulley or your water pump isnt working right. good luck

Back