Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How can I sell a car with a leaky head gasket (or part it out)?

I bought a '97 BMW 528i a few months ago. Long story short, worst purchase I have ever made. The interior is in great condition, the exterior is pretty good except for the bumper being a little loose on one side and a few paint chips, nothing major.

The big problem, however, is the engine. I've been having overheating problems with it ever since I got it and have literally replaced everything in the cooling system but the radiator itself, which was tested and flows fine. All this only to learn that the head gasket is leaking or blown or something. It still runs but the temp gage keeps creeping up toward the red zone. I have been told by BMW that a repair like this could cost anywhere between 3500 and 6000 dollars and a new engine for this car will be upwards of 10k. How can I possibly sell a car in this condition, or can I part it out for more money than I could sell it for and how do I do that?

Thanks much.

Downloads
    Uploads
    just sell as is