Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

BMW M3 vs. BMW 645-650 vs. Porsche Cayenne S-Cayenne Turbo?

I have a chance to buy one of these cars in Nov. for my 22nd birthday & don't know which one to choose, now their not going to be new models which ever one I pick is going to be a used version so don't think I'm rich or anything. The reason I can't make up my mind is because all my friends have their own cars so in my car it's just myself my girlfriend & my little sister & 1-2 of her friends every now & then but 90% of the time its just my girlfriend & me, & everyone tells me I should get a coupe cause its smaller & a better car for a first time buyer but I also like the roomy feel of SUVs & the only SUV's I like are the Cayenne & X5. If you could choose on of the cars I've "listed" which would it be & why?(not looking for any other car suggestions)

Unregistered

Here you go

You are talking completely different vehicle classes. However, I have to say the are all luxurious. Now to be honest I have always been one to buy a coupe. (From Eclipses, to a Crossfire, to another SRT-6 Crossfire, and now a SLK 55 AMG.) However, for my next car I am going to get an M5. In my opinion if I only have one car, I would want a sporty coupe, like an M6 or Bentley GT Speed, but if price is an issue and you are getting a used vehicle you have to know that the people that buy any of these cars (other than an X5) is paying such a premium price for these car models is because they appreciate the turbo-chargers, and sporty features and definitely are known to drive the car fast. Personally I do not like the X5 at all, or new X6 etc, for an SUV I would buy a Porsche Cayenne Turbo because it has room to do things (like take your sisters around) as well as visit CostCO every once in a while, but still has luxury options and performance. The Cayenne Turbo, and now the Cayenne Turbo "S" has even surpassed that, is the best in it's class no close contest to anything other than maybe a Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE with the Strut Package (which all hooked up will run you the same price as a Cayenne Turbo. My advice is to stick with the Porsche).

You are left with the M3 and 650. Personally I won't buy cars that aren't supercharged anymore (AMG, BMW M, BENTLEY GT COUPE SPEED, GALLARDO LP560, AUDI S) so even if a BMW 650 is for sale used, I would rather have a brand new M3. The tough part comes which one to get, the standard two door coupe, or now the new four door sedan. If you get the 2 door you already know what to expect, an incredible driving experience where your vehicle is geared for the track, however when you throw the new sedan into it you've got respect from all over. The typical coupe is now redesigned for a four door where you have room for travelers and have that versatile sedan. If your like me I love the Benz C63 (which I would rather buy than a new M3 by the way) and what's so cool about it is that is has the power of a true race car with a turbocharged V8, but also is not your typical coupe, and still exhilarating to drive. My advice is if you want the sporty coupe get the M3 with the carbon fiber roof, if you want the sporty four door get the C63 and if you want to sit higher than everybody else get a Cayenne Turbo. Just remember, once you have any of these you are going to want another car too if your like me so just be grateful you have a decision to purchase any of these fine vehicles. They are all top notch of their class (SUV, coupe, convertible) and two of them (Cayenne Turbo & M3) are true racy, sporty, fun cars to drive. If you are only 22 don't try to live life so fast. Save the Cayenne Turbo for when you are going through a midlife crisis at like 35/40, when you have your children and are feeling like you miss your younger days, get that Cayenne Turbo S and show the other dads at soccer practice not to mess with you, or your son. You are not a retired senior citizen in Florida driving around all day in the sun with your 650i, not caring how fast it goes because you are just watching time pass you by. Get that M3, where for the price it is one of the sickest cars you can even get. I try to think of vehicles that I would buy, and it's almost impossible to find any for under $100k. Now if you are one of those people out there reading this who thinks a new Honda Civic is really nice, or your new Kia is a great value, you probably shouldn't have read this far into this article. However with someone like me, you are going to get the raw truth as I am a vehicle connossieur. Some people will argue that cars just get you from "Point A" to "Point B", if thats you, get a Hyundai, if you want to get from Point A to Point B in style and it's important to you, get something like a Maserati Gran Turismo S, a Ferrari Scuderia, a Lambo, a SLR McClaren 722, a CL65 AMG, even an M3. At least, people on the road know something about your personality from the beginning. That you don't like cheap shit and want the best version your car model has to offer. It shows you are one of those that takes pride in what he drives and cares about his vehicle. I'll tell you one thing, cars will be there for you through it all, and when you have one of these vehicles that is of this caliber, you better be prepared to dish out the cash for the ever so important maintenance. Be sure you know what you are getting into with high performance Cayenne Turbo brakes, and the same with BMW transmissions, which have been plagued by never-ending issues. Even the 650 is quite expensive. (I am about to replace brakes on my SLK 55 and it's going to cost $3k, as well as 4 new tires ($2k) and then an alignment etc (total about $6-7k for normal 20k checkup). I just performed a Service "A" for typical bi-annual maintenance and it was a grand. Just know what to expect. Same thing if you buy a lambo and every 15k miles you need a new clutch ($20k). Try getting an oil change for an Aston Martin under $1k? Won't happen. Oh yeah I just remembered BMW comes with hassle free full maintenance for 4 years/50k miles. I just decided once again you should buy an M3. Make sure it has the new improved 2009 iDrive system. The older models have horrible interface, take my word for it. You can get a 2009 M3 for around 50k, (nicely equipped $60k). You had better take a picture of it and show me after I just ended up writing a nice little promo blog for BMW it sounds. LOL