Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Former Harley Rider, Wanting a Sport Bike, Not a sport tourer, But Which one?

I want some thing from 600cc-750cc. I don't really know if I will like it, so I want something used that is cheap so I can give sport bike riding a chance. Though you can rent and test drive a Harley, good luck finding a place to test ride a sport bike. I want something I can resell for what I paid for it, private sale of course. Also looking for something that will be smooth on the throttle. I hear some sport bikes get be a bit twitchy as they build RPM's. No I am not interested in a 250cc or 500cc. I have heard all the safe riders saying start out small, I have driven fast things all my life, I am old enough to respect them. If I eat it, it better be in a blaze I never come back from, lol.

Last but not least how many years can I go back and still have a decent bike. Kinda want to stay below $5K. One more thing, I see so many salvage titled bikes out there. Are they even worth the look? I would never trust a car salvage titled, but I know bikes get totaled by insurance companies so easily.

Downloads
    Uploads
    good luck finding a new bike for under 5k, i have rode all of them, my favorite the yamaha R-6. its smooth and you really have to get on it to pull it off the ground. And i think its the best looking bike on the market!