Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would go with the 68 chevelle or a 1970 camero.You should be able to find 1 for around a grand depending on how beat up the body is and weather or not it's road ready or not.10 sec and not street legal?? Alrighty then bring it to english town N.J. so i can show what a street legal nomad looks like as it blows by ya!!

Downloads
    Uploads

What is a good old muscle car to restore? that wont empty my wallet?

Me and my brother in law are lookin around for a muscle car to buy and rebuild, Preferably a car in the year range of 60's to early 70's we already have a 66 El Camino, but its our drag car and its not even close to street legal at 10 seconds. so we are just lookin for a car that is a some what reasonable price to buy and work on. any suggestions? our main interests are anywhere from a chevelle, to a camero, to a dodge demon. but any ideas will help. So if you have some info on what they are going for in poor condition to rebuild let me know please thanks for you're time

P.S. I live in montana, if you have information on prices around here please let me know. but anything helps

Downloads
    Uploads
    First off, I agree with you, any car that is set up to run a 10 second quarter is hardly what I would deem "street legal" no matter how many license plates, mufflers and stickers you might have on it.

'60's and early '70's muscle cars are pretty much a very subjective choice - for me, it would be a '69 or '70 Mustang Fastback but I suspect that you prefer a Chevy, in which case, a Camry, Nova or Chevalier come to mind. Parts are readily available for all of these vehicles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Get a Duster

Downloads
    Uploads
    definitly a 1968 camaro.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try a different approach and go with a '64 Ford Galaxie with a SOHC 427 and a Hurst four speed.
    I had a '62 Galaxie 500 with a 390 HP with solid lifters, factory headers and a 4 speed and it went 105 in the quarter.

If you prefer GM go with a Chevelle.