My son needs a laptop computer for school homework - nothing too fancy....

cutie

May 21, 2008
Hmm I don't think any NEW laptop would be under 500$ I'm only 11 and my dad bought me a laptop that costs like 1000 dollars. Since your son is only using it for his homework and nothing else; maybe get a USED laptop. He will just do some researches. Well the used laptop might need repair....depends on how the current owner treats it. A new one is definitely fine.

Well I don't know about 2-3 hour battery of course laptops USED and NEW would have the amount. If it's used don't worry, there will still be enough battery limit because the batter limit never changes on a laptop. An excellent brand I would suggest is:

Windows
Dell
Mac

they are really good programming computer :D good luck with your son.

...Should I buy used or new one? What is an excellent quality brand of laptop computer? I'm looking for one that is worth repairing or upgrading if needed. Anything under $500 worth buying? He needs one for word processing, spreadsheet use, etc. It is important to have at least a 2-3 hour battery.

dont go ebay they rip you off so bad
i doubt your gonna get a laptop with a battery that lasts 2-3 hours
i paid $1300 for mine and it last like an hour an a half fully charged

They have gotten quite cheat, well the business ones atleast, i say either try Criagslist, or Ebay, but also do look into a new one, not those fancy gaming and cinematic ones but a simple small compact laptop, they go for around 150-300 im pretty sure

Back