How do I block an unwanted caller from my Telus cell phone? I am getting...

DeirdreB

Oct 17, 2008
...harrassing calls.? I have a telus cell phone with a camera in it @ one year old. I NEED to block an incoming caller but am getting no help from their toll free number. PLEASE HELP.

whatever your telus phone uses as a carrier you need to call them and they wil block the number for you...make sure you talk to a representative and not some robot lol...but ya just call them get ahold of a representative and they will block that number out for you

TELUS (or any other Canadian cell carrier) cannot block calls to your phone. You may be able to get them to change your number for free if you explain the situation. Your other option is to not answer when that person calls or change the ringer id to 'silent' for that particular number so you won't be disturbed.

If the calls are truly harassing then maybe you need to contact your local Police.

Just learned about Canadian cell companies not being able to block numbers from unwanted callers. Was looking for some kind of hack but until then a friend told me of a way so I do not even have to answer any unwanted calls.

I just list their number in my phone book and give it the title of "IGNORE" and every time I see that name come up when a call comes in I just ignore it. I can title as many numbers as I want with "IGNORE" and no more unwanted calls and I don't have to change my number.

Hope this helps.
canadianguy69

Just learned about Canadian cell companies not being able to block numbers from unwanted callers. Was looking for some kind of hack but until then a friend told me of a way so I do not even have to answer any unwanted calls.

I just list their number in my phone book and give it the title of "IGNORE" and every time I see that name come up when a call comes in I just ignore it. I can title as many numbers as I want with "IGNORE" and no more unwanted calls and I don't have to change my number.

Hope this helps.
canadianguy69

Isn't that basically what the previous post said?

The 'ignore' thing would work just as well as the silent ringer. Some phones may not let you have more than one contact with the exact same title so you may have to do 'ignore 1' and 'ignore 2'.

My elderly parents are getting called by a person who wants to "help them" She has already "cleaned house", and will not stop calling them, even though I asked her not to. How can I block her number from my parents phone? (I have power of attorney) Thank you

I have a Pay and Talk phone from Telus, I keep getting recorded messages from a company, which everytime they call, it uses up minutes, then uses more minutes everytime I have to check my voicemail...I want to block the number from even getting through to my phone, IGNORE will still allow them to call me and waste minutes...any ideas?

Oh, and I cannot put my phone to silent, I have children who need to be able to contact me in case of emergency...

If the company leaves a voicemail does it include a number to call them back? Contact them from a landline and have them remove your number from their calling list. You can also check your voicemail from a landline by calling your own number and entering * and your four digit password during your greeting. Calling from a landline will not use any minutes.

Figures stupid telus doesn't allow call block to their cell phones... arghhhhhh

Login there website. Change your number. You can do it free once every 3 months. Sent a quick text to my contacts with my new number and it kept away my unwanted callers.

I have a Pay and Talk phone from Telus, I keep getting recorded messages from a company, which everytime they call, it uses up minutes, then uses more minutes everytime I have to check my voicemail...I want to block the number from even getting through to my phone, IGNORE will still allow them to call me and waste minutes...any ideas?

Oh, and I cannot put my phone to silent, I have children who need to be able to contact me in case of emergency...
hey there just thought i would let u know there is a way of being able to call ur voice mail useing ur land line so u dont have to waist minutes what you do is pick up ur land line dial ur cell number and when u hear the leave a message thing or ur own personal message ex.. leave a message for caral plz after the beep at the start of that u press the * (star key) then enter ur pin

Back