Motorcycle title? I recently bought a 600cc sport bike from a private seller, i

deuncos

Feb 3, 2009
have the bill of sale and the ? I recently bought a 600cc sport bike from a private seller, i have the bill of sale and the title in hand. How do i make it officially mine? And if i have to go to the dmv do i have to have insurance? because i dont have insurance yet. Can i just go get registered at the dmv without the insurance?
i live in houston, TX and the title is clear

Go to the DMV
Ask at the information desk for an application for a title transfer.
Insurance is not needed to transfer the title into your name.

I bought two bikes and a car this summer, im pretty up to date on registering You need to have proof of insurance, go to a lube shop and get a safety inspections (Utah doesnet need emisions) they give you a stamped sheet if you pass and your good to go. Just head down to the DMV with the old title, bill of sale, proof of insurance, inspection, and about $250.

ps. if you have the seller write "gift" in the box that says sales price, you wont have to pay sales tax. That could be a couple hundred bucks

yes you need insurance, make sure he signed the title under seller, and you need to fill out the rest, here in ontario the seller needs to provide a used vehicle information package that details all previous owners and if there is any liens on the vehicle, check the history of the bike through DMV

Most states require ins.to register a car/truck motorcycle and it's officially yours once you sign the tittle where it says buyer, plus you have a bill of sale, as long as the seller signed the tittle as well and the bill of sale is state issued.

This depends on the local DMV. Some locations will require insurance to register the bike, some don't. The laws will be different depending on where you live.

Back