Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw a person on Rachel Ray (or some show like that) that wrote a cookbook on how to hide vegetables and other foods that kids don't usually like to eat in the food that they do like to eat. The kid wouldn't even know it was there, but they would still get the nutrients and all that from it.

The book's called "Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food". Check Ebay.com for it.

Downloads
    Uploads

How do I get my 3y old to eat healthier?

I want to make sure my son gets a healthy diet but he will not eat the veggies I make him. He eats some fruit but I know he needs more I just don't know what kind if food to give him "any fun meal suggestion"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hide veggies in his dinners. i.e put some chopped carrots in the meatloaf.
    Buy organic macaroni by Annies
    http://www.ehow.com/how_4521929_child-eat-healthy-foods.html?ref=fuel&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=ss p&utm_campaign=yssp_art
    This has great tips!

Junior Member Noah&EdwardsMomma's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had this problem for a while, and he will go through stages where he will like them again and then not. Here are my methods:

1.) I would only give him his veggies at dinner and tell him that he couldn't have his meat (which is all he ever wanted) until he ate half of his veggies

2.) I puree mixed veggies and add it to my food it is great for things like meat loaf, spaghetti, stuffed chicken, even pizza (sauce) he eats it up and has no idea.

3.) Harvest sup rise Juicy juice has lots of veggies.

4.) Sweet Potato fries, Apple fries, Pear fries...any veggie fries. Cut them like fries, call them fries...I even give him sauce for dipping that looks like catchup....I use cool whip and red food coloring.

5.) Make Veggie Kabobs, cut your veggies and let him put them on tooth picks, he will want to eat them cause he made them!

6.) "Candy Sprinkles" I bought some fun salt shakers and put a little salt and pepper and when he really refused I let him put "candy sprinkles" on them. Seriously he would laugh and clap so hard...

7.) Ranch is always a great back up

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    I forgot I'm sorry. Oh I know! You can give him some celery with PB inside. It's really good!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes! Hide those veggies! Dice up the nights veggie hid into small burritos or scrambled eggs. Put veggies into small bowls of soup that he usually will eat. Its about coloring foods, naming foods and hiding foods within foods. Grape jelly on carrot coins mashed up. Any dip they like smother diced bits of veggie, and offer things to dip in it that they like. I had one who did nto like veggies at all. I was able to hide enough foods that I felt his diet was doing pretty well. I used milder and smooshable veggies like peas and spinach, carrots and beets.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Serve him only healthy foods....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ideas

Put mixed vegetables in his rice
    Put fruit in his cereal
    Try ranch salad dressing to dip carrots celery whatever
    Tell him this is what he is getting
    Feed it often so he realizes he has to start eating it

Downloads
    Uploads
    your his mother make him eat them weather he likes it or not. If you cant get him to eat veggies how are you gonna get him to do chores. Pedisure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    the only way I can tell you how to make sure your son eats healthy is remember your the mother and he is the kid, increase his fruit intake and decrease the bad foods, (junk food) I feel the child only eats what the parents give them. i know it is hard to get your children to eat healthy I have a 48 year old child (husband) who is suppose to be on a special, no salt,carbs,and sugar diet. I can say he acts like a child at times, but in the end I win cuz if your really hungray you'll eat what is in front of you and you won't waste a single bite.I feel more like his mother than his wife, so I'll be just like mommy if that is the way he wants it.He will eat what I give him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast