Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Too bad obama is too weak minded to be able to quit....His example has made smoking the new "in." for young people. So now--they'll be more crime by poor who have to have a Pack of cigs they can't afford...

obama is just plain dumb...and inexperienced--and it shows.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a democrat thing. Their policies always result in higher taxes. Don't be fooled by Obama. he doesn't pay for his coffin nails. If people want to smoke, then smoke. I'm not a smoker but don't support one particular groups of people having to pay for some type of govt. program that will fail anyway. Look out for the marriage tax. This country is getting pathetic. I sure wish we could just start over lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a democrat thing. Their policies always result in higher taxes. Don't be fooled by Obama. he doesn't pay for his coffin nails. If people want to smoke, then smoke. I'm not a smoker but don't support one particular groups of people having to pay for some type of govt. program that will fail anyway. Look out for the marriage tax. This country is getting pathetic. I sure wish we could just start over lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm just as against it now as I was when it came up before and was vetoed by Bush. In my opinion, the bill should have gone back to committee to consider different funding options. Basically, if SCHIP is to be funded by a 'sin tax' then why not a tax on alcohol as well? Or why not a tax similar to the property taxes collected for education? Is it that the only tax increase the Republicans would consider for the funding was a tobacco tax increase? That's what I remember from researching this bill over a year ago.

Since smokers are a diminishing tax base, I guess the tobacco companies should start advertising on TV and billboards again. Maybe they could also resurrect their old marketing campaigns and handout free samples outside of school playgrounds... get those younguns hooked early so they can start paying for their own health care, right?

<sarcasm>

Downloads
    Uploads
    He didn't go far enough ! Tobacco is the only thing for sale, that when used as intended, will kill ya ! He should make them illegal !

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't have a problem with the tax honestly (i really need to quit smoking, and I have gradually cut down on how much i smoke as price has gone up) IF this money woudn't be squandered. Our gov't spends tax dollars like there's no tomorrow. The people I know that have the same wasteful spending habits as bush did and now obama have all gone bankrupt.

What I'd like to know is, how much of a pack is taxes now anyway? They already cost twice as much as they did a few years ago.

Junior Member DoasIsayanotasIdo's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All they have to do is lower the smoking age 16 and then they get their revenue.

Kidding of course.

Junior Member DoasIsayanotasIdo's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All they have to do is lower the smoking age 16 and then they get their revenue.

Kidding of course.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12