My daughter wants a cell. She wants the LG EnV, but it is too expensive

mexilsoul

Feb 1, 2009
without the 2 year contract. I want ? a prepaid phone for her similar to this. She wants to open up the phone and talk. I know nothing about this. and she wants to text. She is 12. It's for her birthday.
so people can tell the difference in a prepaid phone and a regular one?
the phone is $500 without the plan.

YOUR CHILD IS BECOMING SPOILED!
There are other alternatives to texting, I think its sad, really, on how many kids have cell phones.
Texting lowers a child intelligence.
You're stupid for considering to get your child a phone.

well if she wants to be able to use the phone don't you need to buy a plan?! Anyway i am sure that she will love any phone that you get her, i know that when i was 12 any kind of phone would have been the coolest thing in the world to me!! Happy birthday to her :)

she is too young in my opinion but make her choose text vs the phone she wants, trust me, the phone she wants is going to change 1/2 a year after she gets it. i got my first phone when i was 14 i think and i remember hating it after a couple months, after seeing all the new phones comming out every couple months.

DONT get her the EnV 1 or 2. i hae had 2 EnV 1s and they kept dying! and im on my second EnV 2. the front key pad dies all the time. I recomend looking here:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewStoreIndex&lid=//global//phones+and+accessories

hope it helps! and happy birthday to ur daughter!

get the cell for her do have a verizon cell if you do u can do a family plan plus you guys can call each other for free i didnt really answer the question but i hope i helped

if she want's a phone get her one. But if she wants the LG EnV, find out another one she likes. Then get her the next one she likes.

u can go to tmobile and get their flex pay plan,its like a prepaid, u can get a sidekick for 100.00 after rebate.Its an awesome phone for texting.Those prepaid phones with cards suck.Not very stylish.

ok, well you have to make sure that your daughter really wants the phone. but you could get her some other cheap one(not like dirt cheap) but just something that can last.

A 12 year old does not need a cell phone. You are a parent you should know this. Don't turn her into a spoiled brat.

But, if she wants one get her a prepaid phone and let her pay for the mins.

Either say 'tough luck' or get her a Net10 phone. It was my first phone, they are very cheap, quite reliable, crappy helper people, but keeps batterly life FOREVER.
It has talk, and text, and it prepaid.
OH and she is 12, SHE DOESNT NEED A PLAN.
Wait until she is in high school to get her a plan.
and for more info: You can find Net10 phones, and Net10 cards EVERYWHERE. Walmart has Net10 phones and cards, and probably any other store does too.

To new question: It is actually pretty hard to tell at first glance, but normally they ask. Doesn't matter. I seriously suggest pre-paid..

To new edit: That is VERYVERY Expensive. Net 10 range from 20$ to 100$.

And here is some information because i can: 500$ may be a bit much to spend on a child's birth day..budget yourself a little bit lower..maybe like 250$ at most. But whatever I don't know..

get the select plan it comes with like 500 minutes and unlimited text and night and weekend minutes im 16 and i have this plan. i had my first cell phone when i was 12 my dad gave it to me. its very smart to get a kid a cell phone now because of all the danger. i have the LG Env and its a good phone but im about to upgrade to the LG dare thats a good phone too. Also now with cell phones they have parent/chaperone controls too and you can control the minutes and stuff. I'm pretty sure that if you ask a verizon sales person they will explain everything to you.

mayb not an envy but not a prepaid either you should get her the 2 year contract because she is 12 she needs it. And it will stop her from using your home phone all the time

Just get her the enV, the pre-paid phones break REALLY easily and don't work, if you get her the env it will save you a lot of hassle.

Back