Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a website that knows where all the TV towers are in the US. Type your address into it and it will show you a map of what towers and channels you could get with an antenna.

It will also show you if you can use an indoor or need an outdoor antenna and what type.

www.antennaweb.org

If you can use an indoor antenna - try the Phillips Silver Sensor - Classic for about $23 on line.

For an external antenna the Wineguard antennas have a good reputation.

NOTE: You can always down-grade to basic cable service for about $30/month. With my system this inclluded a 16 hour HD DVR and about 7 HDTV channels which had all the major ABC, NBC, CBS, etc which is what I watch 90% of the time.

Try calling your cable company first and down-grade to minimal service that includes HD. (And threatening to quit might get you some extras if you stay on.)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Many years ago, my family had this thing called an antenna. It was wild, you just pulled TV right out of thin air, FOR FREE!

Of course back then, there were only 3 major networks and a handful of other local channels.

Downloads
    Uploads

Is there away to recieve HD channels without Cable, Fios, or Direct Tv?

I hate my cable company, not only is it too expensive but it doesnt work well at all. Fios isnt available , and direct tv is not a option. I am willing to pay for equipment if it would work.