Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member TheGingerBreadMan's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    RidgeBack - prefreably specialized.

Downloads
    Uploads

What bike should i buy?

I am looking for general guidance. I am planning on getting a new bike for my birthday. I will probably have about £300 to spend and was thinking of getting a hybrid / trekking bike as i like to get off roads but i never made a lot of use of my old mountain bike. If you could answer one, two or even all of the questions below i would be very grateful. Basically any ideas or information would be much appreciated.

Do you think a hybrid is the best option or would you go for a mountain or road bike?
    what makes do you recommend for my price range?
    what are some good websites?
    do you know any good bike shops in exeter or the surrounding area (i.e. Devon)?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Visit a few of the local bike shops and see what they have. You can ride a hybrid off road on rail trails and smooth path ways and it will be liter and faster then a mountain bike. They also make a comfort/pathway bike with 26 inch tires that will be just a little better on the paths but a little slower on the road. Another option is a cyclo-cross bike, but they cost as much as a road bike.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Get a fugi police bike. there awesoome and it looks like a good overall bike. also nobodys going to want to steel your bike with a police paintjob.