Trump: Obama is "absolutely right" on capping executive compensation

M_Smith

Jun 18, 2007
Trump: Obama is "absolutely right" on capping executive compensation
[SIZE=-1]Not everyone agrees with President Barack Obama's intention to limit executive compensation at companies which have received government bailouts, but one of the financial world's celebrities is behind the idea.
"I think he's absolutely right," Donald Trump, the real estate mogul who is not afraid of showing off his millions, told CNN's Larry King. "Billions of dollars is being given to banks and others. You know, once you start using taxpayer money, it's a whole new game. So I absolutely think he's right."
Trump wasn't done there. He said the economy was in as bad a spot as he'd ever seen.
"1990 was a bad period of time, but this is far worse, and this is worse on a really global basis," he said. "I'm looking at different countries. Every country is bad. Now they're blaming us because of what happened. You know, why not blame the United States? But every country is in trouble."
And, what would the Donald do to fix it? The same as the rest of us, apparently.
"It is absolute trial and error. They're trying. The new president is trying. Bush left him with a mess -- a total mess in many different ways. I really think he's doing the best he can, but it is trial and error," Trump said.
</em></p>Consumers Union, the publisher of Consumer Reports, also supports the president's decision. Read CU's statement here.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Subscribe now![/SIZE]
Subscribe to [SIZE=-1]ConsumerReports.org[/SIZE] for expert Ratings, buying advice and reliability on hundreds of products. [SIZE=-1]Update your feed preferences[/SIZE]
trump_obama_is_absolutely_right_on_capping_execu_956353572

Back