Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

A pair of in-phase stereo speakers is placed side by side, 0.58 m apart...?

1. A pair of in-phase stereo speakers is placed side by side, 0.58 m apart. You stand directly in front of one of the speakers, 1.0 m from the speaker. What is the lowest frequency that will produce constructive interference at your location?
    ____________kHz

2. Two loudspeakers are placed at either end of a gymnasium, both pointing toward the center of the gym and equidistant from it. The speakers emit 255 Hz sound that is in phase. An observer at the center of the gym experiences constructive interference. How far toward either speaker must the observer walk to first experience destructive interference?

I've been working on my physics homework and these are the two questions that I simply cannot get. I've gotten 3 or 4 different answers for both of them, but none of them are right!

If you know how to do it, please explain!

Thank You!

Unregistered
    jlbbbbgfffffffff........ggggggggggg;;;;;