Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What will it cost me to do a tune up on my Audi A6?

I would like to do a major tune up on my 99 A6 Quattro 2.8L (automatic).

I want to change the spark plug wires, fuel filter, PCV valve, oxygen sensor oil filter, air filter, distributor cap and rotor. Am I forgetting anything?

What would this cost for me to do myself (if it's an easy task) as opposed to doing it at an autoshop or dealer?

Downloads
    Uploads
    your forgetting the spark plugs. why would you want to put new ignition system parts on and not put in 6 $6 spark plugs? it wouldn't be to easy for the oxygen sensor, cap and rotors, and the fuel filter unless you have experience with that i wouldn't recommend it. the air filter is easy and the PCV valve isn't a hard replacement. when you change the cap and rotor you have to know how to time the spark so it runs correctly. the oxygen sensor is underneath and on the exhaust manifold which is hard to change without it in the air. the fuel filter is usually in places that the cars needs to be in the air and you have to know how to bleed the fuel line pressure or gas will spray into you eyes possibly. the spark plugs you may be able to do yourself but they sometimes get seized on the cylinder head and if you don't do it right you can strip it out and end up with a $1500 repair for a new cylinder head.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I don't believe you have a distributor cap. You have a coil pack. You can start here and price the parts.

http://www.autozone.com/N,16299999/P,true/shopping/partsLanding.htm

Good on you for doing your own work. I don't know if you need to change your fuel filter or not, but it looks like it's easy enough to change.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I don't believe you have a distributor cap. You have a coil pack. You can start here and price the parts.

http://www.autozone.com/N,16299999/P,true/shopping/partsLanding.htm

Good on you for doing your own work. I don't know if you need to change your fuel filter or not, but it looks like it's easy enough to change.