Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do you hook up a car stereo?

I have a Alpine stereo and my car is also older it is a 72 so i was wondering if i am gonna have to buy any extra wiring since it is a newer stereo. And i dont have any clue on how to hook one up

Downloads
    Uploads
    what your gonna have to do is first figure out how to get the radio out this is different for every car so you can either google this or figure it out for yourself (which isn't as hard as it sounds) it will involve taking off the plastic guard around the radio this may involve taking out screws or just prying it off (again different for every car) then you will need a wiring diagram these can be found online usually then you need the wiring diagram for your radio and simply match the wires up the wiring diagram for you radio will say something like red - 12+ power and connect that to what ever the 12+ power on the car is, and so on until all the wires are hooked up some wires may not be used make sure to cap all connected wires or use electric tape if you don't use a wire cap it off or cover the end with tape you need to find the correct adapter plates to make the radio fit in the hole it you might be able to use your old one if you have an after market radio already then put everything back how it was and hope that it works