Why do my front brakes seize on my Honda CBR 600(97)?

TraceyD

Mar 21, 2008
Every time I finish riding my bike and park it up in the shed guaranteed the following day when I get it out and try to ride or push it forward my front pads have seized to the discs by rust, normally a decent push frees them off but if its left for a few days without being rode then it can take up to 40 minutes of trying to push it for it to release and free off, once its freed off and i'm riding it theirs no problem with the brakes its just when its parked up and left overnight.

may be due to the rust
try lubricating it with wd40/rp7
it alsohelps in the prevention of rust

hope that helps

You may have ridden on roads with salt residue, it kills brakes, rinse it down with a hose before putting to bed, however if constantly used in those conditions it may be time for an overhaul by a mechanic

Without seeing exactly what you are talking about I can only speculate, but sounds like it is time to rebuild the calipers and flush the system while you are at it. I use to have a 96 Kawi Concourse that would do something simular. It was stored in a heated concrete floored garage. The actual rotors would get rust on them starting in a day or two of non riding.

Back