Circuit City liquidation: best time to "leap" ?

rossw3653

Jan 29, 2009
Despite it happening at least two weeks ago, I just found out today that Circuit City is going to tank. I'm a pretty big movie buff, and despite disapproving of it all along, it looks like it's going to be blu-ray or nothing soon (DVD Manufacturer Technicolor experiencing losses).

My question is (being only 21-years-old, and not having a lot of experience testing the market) when do you think would be the best time to put a real focus on this endeavor? If I haven't made it clear yet, I think the cons out way the pros with blu-ray. but, if i'm going to have to make the switch i want it to be a cheap one.

Any info or advice would help. This isn't a real serious or important issue.

Also, for real "best answer" material: answer if Technicolor actually just produces DVD's or actually prints the movies to them.

Duplicator? Technicolor was a maker of vibrant color stocks that trounced Kodak, leading people to use the company's name as an adjective for anything that was really dynamic or hyperreal. If they make DVDs and are going bust, oh well. Plenty of other companies, especially Sony, stamp DVD media. In 2009, one can still get audio casettes, 5 1/4" floppies and VHS tapes commercially duplicated, so fear not for the spring-chicken DVD.

@Lassie. Nothing will be left but still-overpriced HDMI cables and obsolete knick-knacks. By the times prices are seriously slashed, there'll be nothing left. In fact, most of the TVs and computers went in the first few days, and I bet Blu-ray players are sold out by now, too.

Well I believe that the best time to go would be like feburary 17th because right now the prices are all extra high. I Believe that if you go on feb. 17 then you'll make it just in time when prices hit really low and right before everything is gone because there like closing up on like march 9th

Wait until the very end. Liquidation sales are all about making as much money as they can before going belly up.

Wait until the very end. Liquidation sales are all about making as much money as they can before going belly up.

Back