Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What could be wrong with my 2007 Mazda 3?

I have a 2007 Mazda 3 I touring. My service engine light is not on, I change my oil every 3000 miles if not before, rotate my tires as needed and overall take good care of my car. I live in Houston, Texas. As you know, our winter here, much like this week has been, is 70 degrees one day 75 the next 80 the next and then drops to 30 degrees over night and stays cold for about a week.

Lately, I have been having car troubles. If I idle for to long IE, stuck in traffic or waiting in line to pull into the parking garage, my car dies. It will sputter a bit as I try and give it gas, before just completely dying. And then it starts right back up with no issues. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Could it be the temperature change?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a thought, I have a Mazda 6 and my check engine light came on for about 2 weeks then went right back off, but my car was running fine. I checked everything that I thought could have caused it, so when I took it in for my oil change, I had them test it. I had a gas evaporation leak. They asked me if I had filled my tank with the car running, and of course I said no, but they changed out the seal around my gas cap and it corrected the problem. With you having a 2007, you should still be under warranty for most things. Take it to the service department and get them to put it on the computer, maybe something simple like that and it didn't cost me a dime to fix.