Should I carry on with Internet dating or look elsewhere?

Mellow

Jun 12, 2008
I have tried internet dating and didn’t get much luck. I started chatting to 6 guys online, 2 of them stopped emailing me and the other four I met up with but none of them were suited to me, we didn’t ‘click’ or ‘gel’. I have had boyfriends before and I met them in social settings. Should I carry on with Internet dating or look elsewhere?

i would look elsewhere there are too many people on the internet who aren't what they seem.

Internet dating is unlikely to be a good answer, and it has certain dangers. I would give it a miss.

Well it depends on the site I guess. The free sites are probably not that great to meet quality people. I met my husband on Match.com. I made a profile on a dare and joined so that I could answer his email. We dated 2 and a half years and we've been married for a year. ; ) I think the more serious sites that you have to pay for help you screen better. I had several guys contact me that I'm pretty sure were still married, duh. I think you have to be careful because even with a fee there are married guys and odd ones out there looking for a quick hookup.

Why not try joining a club of some sort, a church, a volunteer group to meet new people, the more your out going somewhere the more chances of finding someone. I know church doesnt always sound appealing but if you find one with alot of people alot of times they have singles dances, and go out for lunch after church. The more people you meet the better, and making new friends, you might find someone through them too.
I would suggest this more than sitting at a computer hoping to find a real person, who are who they say they are, then once you really meet having it click. You might also want to get a job at a coffee house part time, or bar if your of age to meet more people too!

I've done internet dating myself, let me see looking back now oh yes! curvaceous meant fat, loving mother meant separated and fat with hubby hanging about in the background. Somebody that was a fun person was a slu't! somebody who just wanted friends was a total out and out whore. But the ones you watch out for are the ones who from the onset talk about basic minimum income, usually 30k. They aren't joking, i earn in excess of 50k (well i used to) but if somebody mentions money just get the hell out of there. Just look elsewhere 90 percent of the blokes are liars 99 percent of the women are really just fat slu'ts with kids.

I think you could have fun for a while but I get the impression that most men on internet dating sites are just on it for free sex. I have this on good authority from a male friend!!!

look elsewhere, I have loads of friends that use internet dating all of the guys they have meet has been a waste of time and money (their money they have been taken for a ride everytime) you have got to ask yourself why are they resorting to this form of dating in the first place WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM..... You will just end up with someone elses unwated problem.

Erm you could do both you know. but loooking elsewhere is better than internet cos if u meet them in real first then you can see them for who they are

don't put all your eggs in one basket!!!!!
continue with internet dating while also getting out there socially
i think i met around 10 guys from internet dating sites before i found my boyfriend...... i was very picky!!
and so should you be!
good luck, your knight in shining armour is just around the corner

I got fed up with meeting people in 'social settings' so went online although I wasn't looking for love, just some fun. However after my 5th or 6th encounter I met a woman whom I have now been with for 4 years and we have a 1 year old baby and I'm so glad I didn't give up on online dating.

keep giving it a go and best of luck to you

What ever works for you. Perhaps go to social settings like a club or something else. Then if social settings don't work then go to online again there are some online dating things that allow you to put in everything about yourself

I think you should go out and meet people in social settings, many people can lie on the internet, and not be anything like what they say they are. Also there is a difference between talking online and face-to-face. You can usually tell from the start whether you 'gel' with them or not when you are face-to-face. But whatever you feel happiest doing. The right person will come along eventually :).

Never do internet dating...
No offense but its for nolifes who have no guts to go out in the real world and get one...

If you are unhapppy with your looks that you feel so insecure to use the internet get a makeover,

Just be aware there is always someone for everyone so dont give up

~Good Luck~

Brandonbest5 - Disturbance of the peace

P.S.
Never meet anyone you meet online in the realworld, they may be an online predator taht wants to use you for their own sick twisted games.

Back