how can i in prove the acceleration of my 71 vw bug?

LeoS

May 15, 2008
What are some ways that i can improve the performance of my 1971 volkswagen beetle with a 1600 dual port engine, without spending a hull lot of cash?

Thank you in advance

Check around and see if anyone still sells the JUDSON supercharger kit for these cars. Cheap power and no machining or internal work required.

http://www.vwtrendsweb.com/toc/

Magazines are a great place to start....

I'd wake up my neighbor if it wasn't so late but this guys

VW is hotter than Georgia Asphalt.....

email me and I'll be happy to give you more info when I speak

to him... I do understand you have a budget...

Good Luck...

Without a lot of cash, there really isn't much you can do without sacrificing massive amounts of engine efficiency and engine life. Best bet is to lose as much weight as possible. Get everything off the car that you don't need. If this is your daily driver however, this option is actually not an option. (hah) So next option is to actually spend some money. Need to increase, air density, fuel delivery, and compression. Your options for these range from $100+ for a forced cold air intake system to a few thousand $ for putting on a turbo, which however you cannot do while still running a stock bottom end. (technically you can, but remember what I said about engine life and efficiency being sacrificed.) My best advice, enjoy driving your 71 bug and don't worry about making it quick. No one cars if a 71 bug is fast or not. They aren't known for that. If you want a fast bug, drop in a small block V8 in the back of that thing, drop some weight, and run some 12.0 flats! Good luck!

Back