Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How can I hotwire a 92 toyota corolla?

Its been sitting in the driveway of my other house which used to be for rent..but then the guy trashed the place and disappeared..he left the car and i wanna get it running again..please help!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The solenoid put a screw driver with the postive and negive terminals and it will start but the steering column it the hard part and i dont think it does but there could be a trans lock on it to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Uhm, I've only ever done it to a old chevy pickup and I didn't do it the way mentioned in the first post because the solenoid was not accessible without removing the dash.
    The best way is to pull the ignition out (this can and more then likely will result in wrecking your steering column) and an inner lock should slide out. Their will be a couple of wires running to it, do not be alarmed. You basically need to find which wire runs to the starter and keep that seperate from the rest. The other wires you are to twist together and this will give you power to the dash and the ignition.
    THE NEXT PART BE CAREFUL
    Touch the starter wire to the other cluster of wires for as long as you would spend turning the key to start a vehicle. The starter should try cranking the motor over, if not go back and repeat all steps above. If the car starts up, reseperate the starter wire from the rest of the cluster and DO NOT LET THEM TOUCH (this can and probably will burn out the starter).

Now for the hard part... that steering column will be locked and you won't be able to turn the wheel. Luckily for you, I have done this before and found out the hard way that their is a easy solution (Yes, me and my friends actually muscled the wheel until it slid off the column lock).
    Take a flat head screwdriver (the smaller the better) and slip it between the steering wheel and the steering column. You should eventually (I know on the chevy's its top dead center of the column) find a pin that you can slide back, unlocking the wheel.

If you plan on starting the car like this multiple times, I suggest wiring it to a switch keeping the hot wires seperate from the starter wire. I have never gotten shocked from touching the wires but I'm sure it feels pretty much the same as touching the coils; which I have been told hurts alot.

EDIT:
    The guy directly above me is wrong, you still need to draw power to the dash. Only ways to do this is my method or the first poster's method.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Run power to the ignition coil and jump the started at the solenoid. You can buy a remote starter switch at an auto parts store. Some have an extra "hot" wire that hooks direct to your coil.

The hard part is getting the steering lock to release.

Unregistered
    you have to put a screw driver into the ignition and pull it off once you see 3 wire put them together and your set

Unregistered

Thx

Kzx u r awesome my bf car wouldn't start but followed your directions and it works!!!