Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

eating healthy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

i eat 5 fruits a day : apple , 3 bannanas and orange so does that not count as five a day as i have had no veg or more than one of the smae type of food. and dont they contain the same thing anyway plz help

Downloads
    Uploads
    yes you are getting you 5 fri-uit a day by the way dont listen to those who say that you arn't cus its 5 portions not 5 different fruits. i would say though that you should try veg especially green stuff as it is really good for you.
    ps.fruit is a little bit sugary though unlike veg

Downloads
    Uploads
    hi
    yes that 5 portions a day so you dont need to eat anymore, although you shouldnt have your 5 a day in just fruit as it contains loads of natural sugar fructose. vegetables are much better for you all round

Downloads
    Uploads
    you are not by the way, getting your five a day, studies have shown that's it's best to switch up your daily diet with different fruits and veggies, then you will be getting your everyday vitamins that you need.

Junior Member XxeeeTwiggletseeeexX's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it doesn't count as 5 a day as you're having more than one of each fruit, so you're having like 3 a day, rather than 5.

for a 5 a day you need different fruit or veg.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well yes it is true that you are getting your reccomened 5 a day, but you really should try to include some veggies in there - they are better for you, and a variety is always much better

Downloads
    Uploads
    A nice meal plan combined with exercise is the way to go. I got tired of eating out while at work and all that unhealthy stuff. I finally found a place where I can get quality meal plans when I was looking for a way to do exercises at work. "Workouts Anywhere" came up and it's a great place to get a plan for both eating and exercising that fits in with a busy daily life and especially if you do a lot of sitting at work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you answered your own question - if you eat 5 pieces of fruit a day then you are getting the recommended daily allowance

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fruits and vegetables may have common nutrients but some have more and some have none. Also, you need to have a little bit of everything. Too much fruits may mean that there is no balance in your meal. Apple, bananas, and oranges are good for you but that does not mean they can substitute vegetables and other sources of nutrients that your body needs.

http://www.squidoo.com/acai_berry_benefits

Downloads
    Uploads
    The daily allowance is a myth - invented simply to try an encourage folks to eat more fruit and veg and has no medical research support in terms of its actuall amount or volume or validity for 'all individuals'.

Its a good thing to eat more veg - especially more fresh and raw bveges. But it is better to eat more veges than to eat lots of fruit,

Fruits contain too much sugar by and large and can be as bad as eating sweets and cookies

Try and balance your 5 a day intake by actively getting into eating more veges (especialy raw) and cut down on the bananas as these to no more tha one a day as thesd acn very sugary (especially when very ripe)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast