Why are women (in general) so caddy, petty, and downright mean?

grandviewstar

Sep 1, 2008
Of course not all women. I am a woman - and I strive to stay away from that behavior. But I have worked in several offices and even other work environments where the majority of employees are women. Everytime there is backstabbing, gossiping, and the sort of clique-y behavior you see in junior high school.

Like I said, not ALL women...but a good population of them. And even ones that are not naturally like that - seemed to get sucked into the drama. I know that it is hard not to sometimes.

Just once, I would like to go to work and not hear about someone else, or see someone crying in the bathroom, or have someone twist my words to suit their cause.

Frustrating!!

We should be forming "packs" and making friends.....not competing and trying to cause emotional pain to one another.

Is it in our nature....? Or is it learned...?

I guess thats just how girls flex their muscle. I mean, in history womean have been trained to not fight and act ladylike. We fight with our words, and our fingernails when the occasion calls for it lol

**Not all women/girls, just in general

I think that it's in our nature to
be mean. It is sad but true.
Even the most innocent remarks
get twisted around into something
hurtful. Girls [women] will always be
in competition wilh each other, no matter
what. There is competition to see who looks
better, who has the hottest boyfriend, who has the
best style. The list goes on.
And it's sad because the media seems to perpetuate
female catty-ness and make it seem as tho it is
okay and fun when it's hurtful and downright
nasty.

Because they know there's a few woman out there better at everything they can do. I like using that ideology to define cattiness between women.

I think this applies to the people you choose to surround yourself with. I know you can't always choose your co-workers, but the reality is that you'll meet catty, petty, and downright mean people throughout your whole life. Yes, I said people-- not just women. I believe it is learned. I've met a lot of girls who aren't catty and superficial at all and that's because their parents taught them respect and to keep their noses out of other people's business. There's always gossip and drama but if you choose to actively ignore them and not participate, you won't get sucked into all of that. Just remember you go to work to do your job, not to make friends.

I think this applies to the people you choose to surround yourself with. I know you can't always choose your co-workers, but the reality is that you'll meet catty, petty, and downright mean people throughout your whole life. Yes, I said people-- not just women. I believe it is learned. I've met a lot of girls who aren't catty and superficial at all and that's because their parents taught them respect and to keep their noses out of other people's business. There's always gossip and drama but if you choose to actively ignore them and not participate, you won't get sucked into all of that. Just remember you go to work to do your job, not to make friends.

Because women in general are more materialistic and judgmental, don't ask me why. They either act mean to an uglier women and look down on her or act mean to a prettier woman because they're jealous.

Schadenfreude. Human nature, not just with women- women are more open about it. I have no idea why. I'm not really like this, only to people who are like that to me in the first place.

Back