Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What to do with a family member that gossips about you?

I've recently had an experience that I wouldnt wish on anyone: Discovering that your own family is talking crap about you. Oddly enough, this moron actually admitted to talking about me, in the heat of an argument - and then conveniently FORGOT/GOT OVER IT later.

So when I confronted this person about it later (as it was still bothering me, that my own family would do this to me), asking them why they did they were talking crap, and if they would please explain to me what issues they felt the need to discuss with other people about me - they acted like I was trying to start something with THEM.

And then when I quoted to them, word for word what they said to me - they actually tried to argue that I was making THEIR life difficult because they had already "gotten over it" and were "moving forward."

WELL Im glad they found a way to move forward. But you dont just MESS with someone like that and conveniently just expect the other person to just forget about it...

Talk about INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING. I asked this person to please stop talking crap about me like a 12 year old (she is an ADULT, or so I thought....) but she wont even admit it. And she wont say she's sorry. Quite possibly because she's NOT. And she gets some sick high off of trying to make other people look bad. Whats sad, is the people she is gossiping to, are all too happy to feed into her BS and gossip WITH her. Its so sad, where has our society gone - when people would rather tear each other down, than actually stand up for someone?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand you. Can't expect a family to be always perfect like fairy tales. In my family there are people who backstabs each other, gossips day and night.....I swear they can spread the news faster than the paparazzi.....that's why I hate gossiping.....

If 'she' is an adult, then you can't expect her to apologize. At least I've never seen an adult ever apologizing to the younger ones...because they always think they're right and more experienced....that's how stubborn and ego they are.....

All I can say is, just brush it off.....words coming out of other people's mouth.....you can't control....there are other things in this world that's worth you to care about than those gossipers....it's just another lesson learned...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Talk to your immediate family... if the b*tch is doing this to you, she's inventing crap to talk about everyone else. She needs to be excluded from any family gatherings at your house.
    If she does show up, you either evaporate or get ready to feed her some really outlandish gossip just to see where all she takes it.

This person has no pride or self-esteem. You can't build yourself up by tearing others down.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My family does that all the time.. I don't care... I call them old, fat, and stupid..