Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a 95 buick lesabre that needs new front break pads but a regular jack...

...wont lift the car because of rust? The bottom is all rusted out and when i put it up on a jack it just crumbles underneath and falls. i don't trust it at all...

I don't have a whole lot of money to spend but it looks like the only way i'm going to be able to get them changed is if it goes up on a lift...

does anyone have any ideas on have any ideas on how i can save some money and keep my rotors safe at the same time?

If i do have to go to a repair shop how much do you think it will cost?

I have the pads and the lube stuff... and i dont plan on replacing the rotors.... help?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can use a Hammer Jack.. Oops that is cool!

Downloads
    Uploads
    put a 2x4 on the jack so it touches a bigger area and put jack stands under the control arms to hold it up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you using the silly little jack that came with the car? If so, it's no wonder you're having problems.
    Rent a floor jack and place it under a frame or solid cross member - jack it up just far enough to get one wheel off at a time and under no circumstance place any of your body parts under the vehicle.

Even with the rental fee (pretty inexpensive in my area for a 2 ton floor jack) you'll make out far better than if you take it to a brake shop.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Floor Jack placed under lower front shock mount beneath A arm.Jack away,their.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try a floor jack and jack stands

Downloads
    Uploads
    How bad is it? If it's not bad, have it sanded off and spray some flat black paint on it to stop the rust (I do this with a block sander and cheap paint). If its through the frame, I suggest you buy a cheap car and put the car up for sale, keep in mind, you have to tell the buyer about the rust. A mechanic will buy it for parts or for the engine.