I heard of Cheat Method and how you can install pickups by wire to wire contact rather than wire to electronics contact, but I can never find any details.

Do you twist and crimp the wires together first? Do you just heat the wires together or do you use solder like you normally do? Is there any finishing touches to apply afterwards? Any during, prior, or post tips that'll make it more effective and easier? Why is there a taboo or this image of "rookie-mistake" when it relates to "cheat method"? Any bad side-effects? And will a perfectly executed "cheat method" installation always be sub-par compared to a professional soldering job? I have a 30W soldering pen and I know what solder to use (not off the top of my head), but is there any other supplies? Thanks

I want to swap out pickups in 2 of my guitars (1 solid, 1 semi-hollow). I have shaky hands and never soldered in my life and don't have any spare parts or cheap guitars to practice on. This is why I'm considering the "cheat method". Bringing this to a tech is out of the question because 1.) they are expensive and I'm unemployed, 2.) they take foorrrreeevvveeerrrrrrrr, and 3.) I rather do things myself (just my personality) and learn new things and acquire new abilities... but I don't want to do something thats half-@$$. I want to do it the "right way"... not the "traditional" way, just the most effective way (fastest and productive - sorta like business etiquette lol).