Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

does IMing on your phone count as texts AND internet use? (att)?

alright... i'm getting unlimited texts soon and i go on AIM and MSN all the time on my computer and i would really like to use it on my phone. but i want to know if when i am on AIM or MSN, (on my phone) will it charge me for the time i am online as internet use? will it charge me at all for internet use? please help meee!!!! and also, IMs count as texts right?

Downloads
    Uploads
    not sure you should contact your carrier to find out the details. I once logged on to yahoo application on my phone and was charged for texting. but when it was sent to my phone from aim i did not get charged its weird.

Downloads
    Uploads
    if u don't have an internet plan then dam ur bill will be high but if u do have an internet plan then u will be fin for that and as far as the IMs go i am not really sure on that sorry bout that just call you service provider

Downloads
    Uploads
    It all depends on how you access the IM on the device. This was copied from the AT&T website:

Q. Is there a cost to sign in to IM on my wireless phone?

A. Signing in to IM through the IM or Messaging icon on your phone is free. If you access IM through MEdia Net, you will incur data charges per kb of usage.

Q.What is the cost for sending and receiving Instant Messages?

A. You are charged A. You are charged $0.20 for each message you send and receive. For a better value, sign-up for a MEdia Bundle..20 for each message you send and receive. For a better value, sign-up for a MEdia Bundle.

Q. Do I pay for instant messages that are forwarded or sent to my phone?

A. Yes, you will be charged for each message that you send or receive. Whether you receive a text message, or an instant message, the cost is $0.20 per message. For a better value, sign-up for a MEdia Bundle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It all depends on how you access the IM on the device. This was copied from the AT&T website:

Q. Is there a cost to sign in to IM on my wireless phone?

A. Signing in to IM through the IM or Messaging icon on your phone is free. If you access IM through MEdia Net, you will incur data charges per kb of usage.

Q.What is the cost for sending and receiving Instant Messages?

A. You are charged $0.20 for each message you send and receive. For a better value, sign-up for a MEdia Bundle.

Q. Do I pay for instant messages that are forwarded or sent to my phone?

A. Yes, you will be charged for each message that you send or receive. Whether you receive a text message, or an instant message, the cost is $0.20 per message. For a better value, sign-up for a MEdia Bundle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Time is not an issue. It's genrally the amount of data transfered that costs. Instant Messaging will be very cheap cos of the small amount of data

Downloads
    Uploads
    Time is not an issue. It's genrally the amount of data transfered that costs. Instant Messaging will be very cheap cos of the small amount of data