You people do know that Abraham Lincoln was a republican right?

goofyfoot2001

Jan 23, 2009
You do know that the Democratic party was the party that defended slavery right? Probably not because liberals don't have a clue.
Point being that if you did a little research you'd understand that republicans want what is best for the country as a whole. The liberals want what's good for them.

Your a perfect example of all in the kool aid not knowing the flavor
the parties were revised during that time.

lol, that is great. I was wondering if anyone was ever going to point that out. Lincoln is rolling in his grave listening to all this comparison. Obama and Lincoln's ideas for this country are completely opposite of each other.

What's your point?

Edit:

If I did *my* research? Dude, you spout that factoid like you just discovered it and it rocked your world. I learned that in history class back in high school, some 30 years ago.

Do you know the difference between republicans of 1860 and republicans of today? Probably not.

What the hell does it matter, I don't find the difference between what dems and repubs actually do to be that great, what they say and how they lie is another matter.

Lincoln was hardly hard right wing, at least by our current definition.

Lincoln opposed the states' rights to determine for themselves whether to allow slavery, and the amendments he supported removed other privileges that the states enjoyed.

And while the Democratic Party once had a large amount of people who supported slavery and/or Jim Crow laws, those "Dixiecrats" eventually quit the party, and aligned themselves with the Republican party.

Not that any of that matters- What matters is how the parties act NOW.

You do know that the Republicans were liberal back then, right?

@LiberalCusser: "Democrats actually CREATED slavery (which was against federal law), and the republican party was created almost exclusively on the issue of abolition."

Sectional politics also played a role in the antebellum years. You know, as almost everyone does, that the politicans that opposed the abolishment of slavery were Southern Democrats and not nothern Democrat because they had little to no interest in Southern politics. The Radical Republicans who favored for absolute rights for African Americans were feared by the border states

Abraham Lincoln also deported an "anti war" politician also and arrested the Maryland Legislature for voting to succeed from the union and the remainder who voted to stay in the union did not satisfy the "quorum" requirement. NTM he threatened to arrest the Supreme Court if they crossed him.

and what does that have to do with anything? did you know that there are many republicans who support ProChoice despite the "national" party belief to be against abortion?

if you did your homework you would understand that the parties have changed over the years and both parties do what they think is best for the country that's why people chose because their is different opinions

The Democratic party did NOT defend slavery, idiot! Slavery wasn't a team sport. Your attitude of liberal vs. conservative is what is helping to cave in this country. Try opening your mind and placing people and facts first and stop showing your ignorance and childishness in print.
My Gawd, when are adults going to take over this site!

That doesn't mean anything. The South seceded from the nation, but that doesn't make them secessionist today. That's history. Besides, look at what the Republican party has been up to more recently!

Back