Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dodge viper and the company hummer are being discontinued after 2009. Input?

Dodge Viper, the company hummer, saturn sky, chrystler pt cruiser, honda s200, there were a few others, but all of these are being discontinued. The Hummer company, and viper hit me hard, i love those cars! When this gas crisis is over, Hummers will come back, i hope. how do you feel about these cars being discontinued?

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are still lots of Hummers around and even lots of Vipers for sale.

You could still buy them if you want.

I have driven the Hummer H2 and H3. They are not practical and they do not even fit 6 foot people comfortably. They are small inside and big on the outside. Plus they do not reach 100mph and get 9-15MPG average.

The S2000 is sad.

The Viper has been mosty unchanged for many years now. It is hard to redesign and sell a car that almost no one buys.

The company Saturn is going. not just the Sky. They are good looking, but they do not sell.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Buy one of each before they are discontinued, I got my H1 before they stopped producing them, I hardly ever drive it but I really like them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just means that some of them wll become much more expensive as you try and get a used one. Such as Viper. I saw a solid Black one last night, and it was awesome. Don't see them much in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
    Chrysler PT cruiser was a nice little fun-run. Wasn't great, but was one of the first retro jobs that was successful, and led to the popularity of the current Mustang and Camaro retros.
    My best friend was interested in the Honda S200, still is one of nicest two-seaters around.

I was a kid when I heard that Studebaker was closing (in mid-60's), and didn't really know much about it, since I heard their rep was pretty dismal. But they still had some interesting lines and designs....for the time. But cars have been going under for more than the 100 years they have existed. In fact, the greatest time of car collapse was probably in the 1920'-30's, because there were so many independent makers or factories creating their own vehicle. Just couldn't win out over the popularity and advertising of the bigger companies like Olsdmobile, Chrysler, and of course, Ford. Eventually they either went under or were bought out by larger firm. That's part of automobile history and its nature (cleansing of the herd!!).

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really wish dodge will continue to make the viper because viper is kick-ass. I really wish the company hummer will continue to make hummer h1s because hummer h1s are kickass. I really want to own a hummer h3T but i guess the hummer h3 will be short-lived. saturn sky looked like a cool car but i never really cared for saturn and i hated the chrystler pt crusier. i love the honda s2000 but i think i heard honda is gonna make a s3000 so im excited for that.