95' Pontiac Firebird won't start?

Alyssa

May 13, 2008
I turned the key once for the electrical components and it worked for a split second then it went dead. Then I tried to jump start it and nothing happened, no clicking or anything.. just dead. Then, when I unhooked the jumper cables, there were sparks from the jumper cables which would indicate that the battery isn't dead.
Just to clarify, the sparks came from the car that won't start.

Have U Checked You Alternator Wireing It My Just Be Your Alternater It My Not Be Charging Or You Can Check You Fuse Box And See If Any Are Blown Out Some Time The Cars Lock Up With The Couse Of The Stupidest Fuse Look Up Youtube Car Batt Problems

If the jumper cables were still hooked up to the other vehicle, then that is why you got sparks between the two cables. How long did you leave the cables hooked up to your vehicle while the other one was still running? Hook the cables up to a good battery and then to the bad battery. Let it charge for a few minutes and go back and give it another try. If you still don't get anything, then you may have a cable loose somewhere, like between your battery and starter. Could be a solenoid or a relay also.

If the jumper cables were still hooked up to the other vehicle, then that is why you got sparks between the two cables. How long did you leave the cables hooked up to your vehicle while the other one was still running? Hook the cables up to a good battery and then to the bad battery. Let it charge for a few minutes and go back and give it another try. If you still don't get anything, then you may have a cable loose somewhere, like between your battery and starter. Could be a solenoid or a relay also.

Actually the sparks may indicate that the battery is dead. I think your best bet is to remove the battery (or have someone do it for you) and have it checked at an auto parts store. Batteries are one of the least expensive and the most troublesome parts of your electrical system. There are other things, like a fusible link, that could cause everything to go dead, but it usually is the battery.

Try the fuses. My 2001 Chrysler did that a few weeks ago, and it was a bad A/C-heater switch that blew the fuse to the starter. Jumping it did no good for me either.

It may also be the starter or alternator.

Try the fuses. My 2001 Chrysler did that a few weeks ago, and it was a bad A/C-heater switch that blew the fuse to the starter. Jumping it did no good for me either.

Back