Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

95' Pontiac Firebird won't start?

I turned the key once for the electrical components and it worked for a split second then it went dead. Then I tried to jump start it and nothing happened, no clicking or anything.. just dead. Then, when I unhooked the jumper cables, there were sparks from the jumper cables which would indicate that the battery isn't dead.

Just to clarify, the sparks came from the car that won't start.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have U Checked You Alternator Wireing It My Just Be Your Alternater It My Not Be Charging Or You Can Check You Fuse Box And See If Any Are Blown Out Some Time The Cars Lock Up With The Couse Of The Stupidest Fuse Look Up Youtube Car Batt Problems

Downloads
    Uploads
    If the jumper cables were still hooked up to the other vehicle, then that is why you got sparks between the two cables. How long did you leave the cables hooked up to your vehicle while the other one was still running? Hook the cables up to a good battery and then to the bad battery. Let it charge for a few minutes and go back and give it another try. If you still don't get anything, then you may have a cable loose somewhere, like between your battery and starter. Could be a solenoid or a relay also.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If the jumper cables were still hooked up to the other vehicle, then that is why you got sparks between the two cables. How long did you leave the cables hooked up to your vehicle while the other one was still running? Hook the cables up to a good battery and then to the bad battery. Let it charge for a few minutes and go back and give it another try. If you still don't get anything, then you may have a cable loose somewhere, like between your battery and starter. Could be a solenoid or a relay also.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually the sparks may indicate that the battery is dead. I think your best bet is to remove the battery (or have someone do it for you) and have it checked at an auto parts store. Batteries are one of the least expensive and the most troublesome parts of your electrical system. There are other things, like a fusible link, that could cause everything to go dead, but it usually is the battery.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try the fuses. My 2001 Chrysler did that a few weeks ago, and it was a bad A/C-heater switch that blew the fuse to the starter. Jumping it did no good for me either.

It may also be the starter or alternator.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try the fuses. My 2001 Chrysler did that a few weeks ago, and it was a bad A/C-heater switch that blew the fuse to the starter. Jumping it did no good for me either.

Downloads
    Uploads