my 2003 or 4 subaru legacy check engine light came on and cruise is flashing. how

BonesofaTeacher

Nov 8, 2008
risky is driving it? it has maybe 55K miles and temp is OK. I can't get it to a mechanic until tuesday. I have places to go and things to do. how much risk is there in driving it?

The light turns on when any number of problems happen on the car. The risk of driving it all depends on what the problem is. For example. If the light turns on because the engine is running too lean and too hot, you can get a burned exhaust valve and need a whole new engine. But if it turns on because your catalytic converter is no good. It won't damage your car, just the environment/earth.

The light turns on when any number of problems happen on the car. The risk of driving it all depends on what the problem is. For example. If the light turns on because the engine is running too lean and too hot, you can get a burned exhaust valve and need a whole new engine. But if it turns on because your catalytic converter is no good. It won't damage your car, just the environment/earth.

An auto parts store may be open where you can get the diagnostic code checked. You probably shouldn't use cruise control until it's checked.

have you open hood and check anything yet not knowing why its on stil should check all you can to know if your low on anything or if something is broken before driving it where and one can never know what happen to a car if the light is on its a warning to stop driving it so doing so could cost you more money could be nothing could be 5000 bucks you decide which you got more of

have you open hood and check anything yet not knowing why its on stil should check all you can to know if your low on anything or if something is broken before driving it where and one can never know what happen to a car if the light is on its a warning to stop driving it so doing so could cost you more money could be nothing could be 5000 bucks you decide which you got more of

Back