Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you bought sheets or a stereo system or whatever at Sears, JCPenney,...

...whomever and...? ...discovered that the local retail store attached their semi-permanent logo to your purchase, you might be a bit disgusted and take it back.

So, why do customers allow - and even expect - car dealers to affix their semi-permanent logo their new car?

In effect that practice turns the customer into a traveling marketing tool, and should be appropriately compensated. What are your thoughts?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I told one dealer to remove it. He refused. And I walked out. I guess he got someone else to by the Escalade

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree completely. I didn't realize there is a way to take the logos off. I told them not to put their license plate holder on the car after I bought it, precisely because I didn't want to be an advertisement for them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I tear those stickers off my whip.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't allow dealers to do this. If they have one on a car I want, I make them take it off, fill in the holes, and paint over the body work, or I don't buy the car.
    As for how I feel about it, I think they have every right to advertise in legal way they can. If you don't like it, just do what I do. 90% of the people out there really don't care.
    FYI, Toyota dealers don't do this. They just put a dealer license plate frame on. That goes straight in the trash when I buy a Toyota.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I completely agree with you. I take mine off as soon as possible.
    You can remove the emblem type with fishing string. Just work it behind the emblem and move it back and forth.
    Your just cutting the double sided tape. Then take off as much as possible with fingernail. A little gas on a rag will remove adhesive. You will need to wax that spot after your done. For the sticker vinyl type use a heat gun to warm it then use fingernails. Again use gas on rag for adhesive removal and wax.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I completely agree with you. I take mine off as soon as possible.
    You can remove the emblem type with fishing string. Just work it behind the emblem and move it back and forth.
    Your just cutting the double sided tape. Then take off as much as possible with fingernail. A little gas on a rag will remove adhesive. You will need to wax that spot after your done. For the sticker vinyl type use a heat gun to warm it then use fingernails. Again use gas on rag for adhesive removal and wax.