This summer i can't bring my laptop to camp...?

shelby

May 13, 2008
This summer i'm going 2 Lake Owen (gymnastics camp) and laptops are strictly forbidden. so that won't work. I'm going 2 bring my cell phone and iPod. Im getting a new phone in a couple weeks, my carrier is alltel. i was wondering what phone i could get that i could go online with. prefurably not a blackberry. the other thing i was wondering, is an iPod touch able to go online anywhere, or do you have to have a wireless network?

its not like i'll just be online all day, and all i need is so i can check emails and stuff. Dont say live without it, i may end up not using it, but i wanna bring it with.

thanks!

i am totally with you sista lol but okay ya an ipod touch needs wi fi connection ya i know it sux i want to get one too tho. but ya i think pretty much any phone can go online you will just have to pay extra

I know you dont want me to say it, but you really should go to camp without it. Ipod touch has to have some kind of wireless network around it, it works off WiFi (it's not a cellphone). I would suggest any kind of smartphone alltel carries (I have verizon and I think they're better but...) The LG Scoop is pretty cute and small.

Well if you can afford it iphone is the perfect solution for you, ipod touch needs wi-fi to connect to the internet which i doubt they will have there

You should take this opportunity to UNPLUG for a while. Don't take ANY of that stuff with you. Bring a few books, and try interacting with real people for a change.

don't take the phone.
internet at camp will make just like home life.
i go to camp every summer for 4 weeks and i leave my phone at home.
they best part is when you get back you have a crap load of emails from all your friends who missed you.
i know this isn't the answer your looking for but i know what i'm saying, you'd understand if you went without the phone.

Back