rumors in high school?

CallieL1

Jan 15, 2009
i just recently have had some really bad rumors spread about me around school, it caused me to lose almost all my friends, even my two best friends. i'm just not in a very good state right now, and i just wanted to know if theres anyone else out there whos had to deal with rumors before.
what are your worst rumor stories, and how'd you deal with them?
thanks. it would make me feel a lot better.

hmm.. are rumors firm ground to question friendship? what kind of bestfriends you have if they just believed in rumors and went ahead and abandoned you? that is not a bestfriends way of being there for you. they should have confronted you and asked you for the truth. At least on this point you realized who your true friends are.

As for nasty rumors. Nope I don't have to tell cause our high school environment is waaay too different from yours, believe it or not.

But I can give you advice. Whatever those nasty rumors are, they are just rumors. Not fact or truth, not even printed in paper. Just rumors. So why should you feel bad? Stand up proud and carry on with your life. Improve on your personality and just don't change for them to like you. You have your own unique personality.

Good luck for you. :)

I was / am a freaky girl at times. I'm not afraid to tell a guy how I feel, and FEEL on him at that. (Get it??)

It were rumors spread around school about me saything that I was (excuse my words) a hoe, and that I gave head to this guy multiple times......It doesn't stop there. Also that I had sex with over 5 guys. It bugged me. But I knew that I was stil a "V" and I had nothing to worry about. It was just a bunch of ugly haters.

And that's how I think that you should look at it in that way. Whatever was said about you..........FUCK it. You know that it wasn't true. But in order to get your friends back, you gotta, PLEAD THA' FITH.
J/K.
Seriously, explain yourself to them. Tell the chick or chicks what the truth is. If they listen.......good. If not, the hell with em'.

Oh man, just ignore them. That is the best advise you can get. I had a few about me, that aren't very appropriate, so I'm not going to mention them, but they didn't even phase me because I knew they weren't true.
Just ignore it, they will go away once another kid creates a new one. It sucks I know, but high school sucks. We all have had to endure it.

Good luck sweetie. Hope things turn out for the better.

I was very thin up until the summer after freshman year and when I came back to school I had grown a little tiny bit and my tummy wasn't as flat as it was before and everyone said I was pregnant. They began to call me a sl*t and I lost a lot of friends. I really hadn't ever been with any guys and realized that the girls who said all these things must have been jealous because they had been with lots of guys and they needed to feel better about themselves. Yep I hate high school girls.. I wasn't like any of them and I'm very proud of myself for loving myself and not getting hurt over dumb lies. You know yourself better than anyone and if you know the rumors are false then just ignore them trust me it will get better. Your true friends will stay with you through everything just remember that. Good luck :)
Oh and also there was a rumor that I did meth? haha that was the funniest one..

When i was a junior in high school, this girl got mad at me because her boyfriend left her to be with me. He was a football player, so she spread a rumor that I slept with the entire team. All my friends knew it wasn't true and I yelled at her and made her cry and she apologized.

I'm so sorry that you are dealing with rumors. People can be so cruel sometimes. As long as it's not true, the "friends" you lost, were never your true friends. But if it is true, even the slightest bit, it's better to fess up. Don't do stupid things and spread different rumors or try to fight people about it because you'll just end up being as ignorant as them. Just shrug it off as best you can and hold your head up high, knowing the truth. I hope this helps and good luck sweetie!

Forget about them. They were never your friends and it is a good thing they showed their true colors so you can stay away from them. Make new friends. Go to school clubs, go make new friends.

In high school some girl started a rumour that I did heroin. It spread like wildfire within no time! Frankly, I just went with it. It's only high school, I knew I would never see any of them again so I started carrying around spoons and acting all strung out around her. I *loved* it when she pointed and told her friends "see! see! I told you it was true!". After awhile the security guard approached me about it so I told him what was going on and I would take a test if needed. Next thing you know he filed a restraining order on my behalf so the rumour starter had to change her entire schedule so she would be able to keep the required distance.
The icing on the cake? Karma came back to her about 1 month later with some sex scandal and she transferred out of the district because everyone knew about it.

Back