Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member DowntoEarthDreamer's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Buick Lucerne Reliability?

Can someone tell me why all i have ever heard of American cars is that they are terrible in reliabilty, yet all of a sudden a discover the Buick Lucerne, which scored a 10 out of 10 in reliability by JD power and associates. It looks really nice, although i would strip off the Buick labels before driving it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Consumer Reports polls owners of cars every year and publishes the results in their April issue.I had a Buick and a Chevy in the 1990's and neither lasted very long.Both had major engine and transmission work needed before 100,000 miles.My Honda Oddessy has 139,000 and my wife's has 220,000 with no problems except tires and brakes.The Japanese don't worry about changing styling every year like GM,they take a lot of pride in their workmanship and it shows.Most Honda's and Toyota's are now made in the USA with American Workers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    build quality in american cars is terrible. they may last a while, but they won't feel crisp and new for very long.

any new car is going to be pretty reliable, but a buick won't last as long as a honda or toyota or subaru, for sure.
    why would you strip the buick labels off before driving it?
    have you driven a buick? they're absolutely uninspiring to drive. it's like driving a giant boat down the road. their gas mileage is nothing spectacular, either.

they are quite spacious, and "nice" for what they cost... but i would never invest in one.

the buick lucerne is a good car if you're completely not interested in a sporty car and you've never driven any non american luxury car, and you don't mind people piling up behind you wondering why you stole some old lady's car.