Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Im 16 and i play basketball. I can barely pull down the rim. What should i do to

be able to dunk in 3 months? what exercises should i do and how often?

Downloads
    Uploads
    i am 16 and i play basketball, i am pretty good and i cant dunk, if you are good, there is no reason to dunk, it is stupid unless it is the only advantage you have over an opponent

Downloads
    Uploads
    Theys are good drills that i've followed and now im dunkin like LEBRON JAMES..No lie

1.)Step ups - Get a chair and ensure it will remain stable(e.g.put it against a wall). Begin with one thigh on the chair parallel to the ground. With all of your strength, push off of the elevated leg and leap off of the chair as high as you can. Crisscross or switch your legs in the air. Land with the opposite leg elevated in the chair as in step 1. Repeat the procedure until you are back to step 1. This completes 1 repetition. (3 sets x 12 reps)
    2.)Burnouts - Elevated as high as you possible can on your tiptoes to assure that you work the high end of your calves. As quickly as you possibly can, jump repeatedly no more than 1/2 to 1 inch off of the ground making sure to keep yourself elevated as high on your tiptoes as possible ensuring that you are working the upper calf muscles. (2 sets x 200 reps)
    3.)Calf raises - step on a book or stair step one legged standing on toes, heel below the step, raise yourself up only with your calf, (4 sets x 20 reps)
    4.)Leap ups - bend down to a 1/4 squat position and jump back into the air to a minimum of 8 to 10 inches, (3 sets x 15 reps)
    5.)Thrust ups - Begin with your legs straight, thrust (bounce) yourself up as high as you possibly can and when come back down you thrust at once back up trying not to bend your legs. (5 sets x 20 reps)
    6.)Squat hops - Squat down into a sitting position while hugging a ball for balance.Make sure that you are looking straight ahead, with your back straight, that you are elevated on the balls of your feet (half tiptoed) and most importantly that your thighs are parallel to the ground. Hop or bounce in the seated position between 3-5 inches per hop. (3 sets x 12 reps)
    7.)Depth jumps(maybe the most important exercise) - Get a chair or a box and ensure it will remain stable. Watch the cushioning. Get on the chair (2 to 3 feet high), drop off with both feet and as soon as you land, explosively jump back into the air. (4 sets x 10 reps)
    Do not overtrain. Do not train two days in a row. This will cause an injury or a burnout which will leave you behind.. If you feel any strain or sharp pain in the first days, stop at once, massage, ice and stretch the particular muscle group.
    Warming up, stretching and cooling down is of the utmost importance.