Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I Unlock my DVD player and Navigation while in motion on my 2007 Cadillac CTS?

I have a 2007 Cadillac CTS with a Navigation system and DVD player. While the car is moving I lose many controls for both the DVD player and the Navigation system. I would like to allow my car to play and control DVD's while in motion. I would like to add new destinations into the navigation while in motion. are there any hacks, mods, lockpicks, codes, button combinations, or anything to unlock my system. I am currently aware of this button combination: http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/dvdmotion.html

however it does not give me any DVD controls while in motion and has no known affect on the navigation system.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why would you want to disable a safety device like this?

Are you so addicted to the boob tube that you have to watch while driving?

If you have an accident and it is discovered that you have this safety device disabled, you will automatically be at fault. You will also receive a reckless driving ticket. But this will only be the start of your problems.

If the accident involves death, injury, or property damage, you will be held responsible. Are you so addicted to the boob tube that you are willing to risk jail time?

If the accident involves death, injury, or property damage, you will be sued, and you will lose. Are you so addicted to the boob tube that you are willing to risk everything you own, including your freedom?

Watch the idiot box then you get home and watch the road when you are behind the wheel!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know the specific car but the idea is pretty basic. get behind your dash and find the wires leading to the radio. now you must figure out which wire is for the parking brake sensor. (check online for pics of wire harness and wiring diagrams to locate the wire) once located simply ground the wire, you can even hide a toggle switch and enable/disable this function encase u get trouble from the coppers.(unless you get in an accident in which case they will find it anyways)

WARNING
    I know this works with most after market Systems however i don't know if it will work with a stock system. There may be alternate safety functions, and this will prob void your warranty.

Not to mention everything mad jack said

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with Mad Jack. Pull over to input new navigation info. and leave the DVDs at home.