Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

VW Bus v.s parents...?

ok so I found this great deal on craigslist for a VW Bus, but I have half the funds for it. My friend and I have huge plans for it, but I need to convince my parents, who want to get me something more down to earth for my 16th. Any ideas on how to persuade them?

Downloads
    Uploads
    1. if you have a crazy almost stupid idea for it, don't tell them about those ideas. 2. it usually cost less to ensure a older van than a newer car. 3. if its 1975 or older it doesn't have to be smoged that will save you some money

Downloads
    Uploads
    A bus is a great investment, but they are notorius for some issues. They roll easy. I've had 11 old (pre 67) VW's, but am also a parent with teenagers. It's fun to have to work on, and you can learn alot about cars fixing it up.I had my parents 58 bug, and almost killed myself in it a few times. I think it really depends on how responsible of a kid you are. 16 is too young to be driving anyways. Get it and fix it up for 2 years. Then when you're 18 you'll really appreciate it enough to be safe in it. That might be a great compromise.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A bus is a great investment, but they are notorius for some issues. They roll easy. I've had 11 old (pre 67) VW's, but am also a parent with teenagers. It's fun to have to work on, and you can learn alot about cars fixing it up.I had my parents 58 bug, and almost killed myself in it a few times. I think it really depends on how responsible of a kid you are. 16 is too young to be driving anyways. Get it and fix it up for 2 years. Then when you're 18 you'll really appreciate it enough to be safe in it. That might be a great compromise.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads