Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

mountain bike pedals?

Looking to buy used mountain bike pedals..i've never used clip in pedals before so im not really sure about what all i need...to the clips come with the pedals and also do all clips fit all shoes? i'm looking at shimano...would shimano pedals and clips fit with specialized shoes? any information would be helpful...thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shimano MTB pedals are SPD type. Most any MTB cycling shoe is compatible. But it's as simple as reading the product info. It will state what the shoes work with. Cleats come with new pedals. You can also buy replacement cleats too.

I suggest you don't buy used pedals. I have bought plenty of used items. But never pedals. They take a beating and I usually pick up Wellgo pedals for a very good price and they work great. New pedals have NEW cleats (they wear and need replacing every so often) a set of cleats run $12 to $20 for so. If you buy used you may need to replace these or they may not even come with cleats.

I'd guess the 1st pedals for sale on this site would work fine. Wellgo probably makes them and they are a Shimano copy. $20 - the price of replacement cleats!

http://nashbar.com/results.cfm?subcategory=60001078&category=6000108& browse=&storetype=&estoreid=&brand=&searchbox=&sta rt=1&orderby=price1&pagename=